Wednesday, February 24, 2010

CNA-Certification Class

As you may know, I am an aspiring Nursing student. Certified Registered Nurse Anesthesis...that is. I am a freshman so I have a job at the school library and ran into a CRNA... We chopped it up and I got her information. She said I can come and Shadow her. SWEET. That was super exciting. Not only did that happen, but the day before Valentines day, I met my boyfriend's Uncle, who happens to work at the hospital right u the street (Sinai-Where my grandad died RIP grandad!!) and he told me to give him a call, he'll be able to get me a position up there doing something.

So I had these connections but only to either volunteer and work for free or get a minimum wage job as a CO-Op or something. Therefore, I came to the conclusion that I'll take a certification class (which happens to be 600 bucks!!) to be a Certified Nursing Assistant. CNA's make in btw 10 and 15 bucks, which is cool to keep my bills paid when I get an apartment so my parents won't have to worry about me and I can get some experience out of the way.

Hopefully I can get the cash by the summertime to take this 2 week class and the state test and become a CNA. Me, being 19 years old... that's cool. And it would be my highest paying job yet lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment